Digital Bodleian Take Down Policy
The University endeavours to use reasonable care when it makes content available in Digital Bodleian, but that content may be affected by circumstances outside of the University's knowledge. If you have concerns about any content made available on the Digital Bodleian website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following details:
- your name;
- your contact details;
- the identity of the content; and
- the reason for your concern.
Please note that you may be asked to provide further information and/or supporting statements in relation to the content or your concern.
If the University receives a notice of concern in relation to any content made available on the Digital Bodleian website, the following procedure will apply.
- The University will acknowledge receipt of your notice by email or post (as appropriate), and commence an initial assessment of the nature and validity of your concern.
- If your notice sets out a valid concern, the University will temporarily suspend access to the content, pending the outcome of an investigation into the reported concern.
- Where appropriate, the University will contact any person who contributed the content to the Digital.Bodleian website. That person will be provided with details of the reported concern and the opportunity to respond to the University.
- If the concern relates to any rights that you claim in the content, any person who contributed the content will, where appropriate, be provided with your contact details and encouraged to resolve the matter directly with you.
- If the University's investigation finds in favour of the reported concern, and a resolution cannot be reached in accordance with paragraph 4, the work will remain unavailable on the Digital Bodleian website until such time as a resolution is reached or the basis for the reported concern has ceased to apply.
If you have any comments or questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com. The University is not in a position to provide you with legal advice, but it will try to answer your questions where possible.